2020 Hexmas Wishlist
WOW! It’s been a long dang time since I have compiled a list of wished-for Hexmas gifts. WAIT, no it hasn’t! I made one just last year. How could I have forgotten that? Oh yeah, I know why: because last year, as we who can still joke about such things like to say, was approx. one thousand weeks ago.
I’m into the mustardy yellows now, which is a bit of a new thing to those who are used to my monochromatic palette, and overall I think in these lists you’ll see a bit more color than I’ve had a preference for in recent years. Interesting! What does it all mean? (Is a thing that I am sure no one is asking.) All in all, these lists today are a bit of a mishmash, none of it really connected or thematic… although I suppose the slippers and teas and bath related items would certainly point to a longing for calm and comfort and soothing experiences? And maybe a few sparks of magic for the kitchen and the home? Well, I guess let’s not try to overthink it.
It’s really just an opportunity to say, here’s some stuff I like! I don’t actually expect anyone to buy and gift these things for me; as I have noted before, there’s no one who can shop for you as well as you can. So I like to make these lists for myself every December, and then slowly treat myself to the things on them over the course of the winter and throughout the next year. And don’t get me wrong – I love it when people think of me enough to buy me a gift, and I am grateful…I just don’t ever expect that someone is going to read my mind and get me that thing that I really, really, want. And god forbid I actually tell them!
So here it is, then. The luxuries and fripperies I’ve got on my personal 2020, utterly selfish Hexmas wishlist. I’m not sure that these things will be of any interest to anyone but me, but perhaps you will find some last-minute gift ideas here, for either friends or family…or yourself. Happy Hexmas to us!
2. Multicolored gemstone necklace from Alexis Berger
3. Proxima from Centauri Perfumes
4. Good Eye earrings from Holly Bobisuthi
5. Unicorn Garden jam from Brins x The Met
6. TABINO YADO Hot Springs ”Milky” Bath Salts
8. The Magick of Food: Rituals, Offerings & Why We Eat Together
10. Ceramic bowls from Mona Lisa Pottery
11. (I forgot to make these separate items!) A Sonnet to Science: Scientists and Their Poetry and Entangled Life: How Fungi Make Our Worlds, Change Our Minds & Shape Our Futures
12. “Attic magic” art print from Rebecca Chaperon
13. Sawashi room shoes at Rumiko
14. Large black moth planter from Clarisa Eck
15. Sampler set from The Chai Box